This exclusive policy sets out how Accountsdept (Pvt) Ltd. (Company Registration Number: 8151691) collects, uses, discloses, retains and manages personal information in general and the management of personal information of clients. This policy highlights how we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020.
Personal information mentioned here is identifiable information about an individual or business, such as name, email, image, address and telephone number etc. Sensitive information is a special category of personal information containing details about race and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, genetic data, health history, etc.
1) The personal information we collect
1.1 When we provide our services, we collect a person’s name, contact numbers, email address, residential or business address, financial details, insurance details, credit card details and other relevant personal data that serves the purpose. This may or may not include sensitive information.
1.2 When our server/cloud storage is accessed, the system automatically records information the browser sends when it connects to our website. This information may include:
– The user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, browser type and language.
– Information about usage history and online activities.
– Information provided through use of any downloading facilities on our website.
2) How personal information is collected?
2.1 We collect personal information via the following ways:
- Directly from the individual / business.
- From clients when providing our services to them.
- Via file and document sharing, where the client provides access to their customer relationship management (CRM), software systems and third party websites, if any.
- Email or other communication from third parties.
- From publicly available sources of information such as annual reports.
- When we are required to do so by law.
- From our research and own records.
2.2 We ensure the information collected is reliable, accurate and updated. Please inform us if there is/has been a change in your personal information and at other times as necessary.
3) Use of personal information
3.1 In general, we collect, use and hold personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our services and solutions
- Promote internal business operations and fulfilling legal requirements
- Offer advice on additional services or information
- Allow our business partners who have agreed to provide you with services
- Evaluate our services and client needs to improve overall services
- Maintain and update our business systems
- Compile and study statistical data
- Promote our business and services offered
3.2 Without the personal information, Accountsdept will not be able to provide the services or assistance requested by the client.
3.3 The personal information provided to us should be complete and accurate to provide our services to clients.
4) When personal information is disclosed
We can disclose personal information about you to third parties under the following instances:
- If you agree to the disclosure
- To employees, contractors and service providers who assist in providing our services to you
- To provide our services or respond to a query
- Where disclosure is required or permitted by law
- To our related entities
5) Storage and Security of information
Accountsdept protects the security of personal information and we take all responsibility and precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We have implemented security measures to provide and maintain protection against the loss, interference or misuse of personal information. Our security systems are carefully designed to prevent unauthorised access, changes or disclosure of that information.
6) Access, correction or deletion of personal information
A business client or individual may request access to their personal information, or request us to update or correct any personal information we hold about them. They can also inform us to restrict or stop processing the personal information or even delete the details if necessary.
In any of the above cases individuals should set out their request in writing and send it to us at email@example.com.
7) Contact us
If an individual or business has any concerns about our privacy or the use/ collection of personal information by us, do contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and communicate your concerns. We will respond at the earliest and handle all complaints in a fair manner. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can make a formal complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at email@example.com or phone 0800 803 909.